Friday, March 05, 2010

Picked Me Up


Another French Music Friday...okay, more of a European Music Friday, the singer, Tatiana Heinz is French, but the band, Okou, is based in Berlin. She is incredible and the band is really roots, blues acoustic grounded music. A real surprise. The guitarist/banjoist, Gilbert Trefzger is brilliant. They operate as a duo, but the expanded band which I saw last night is the real thing, with an acoustic bass, drums and a horn player who plays trombone on this song. On other pieces he plays tuba.
Okou....
I substituted this piece for the original, To The Bone because Mudrake pointed out that there seemed to a copyright conflict for American viewers. This is a great piece, it shows of tattania and Gilbert is absolutely brilliant on steel...This stuff is timeless and impiossible to put into a neat category.

3 comments:

mud_rake said...

We in the USA have been 'blocked' from watching the video 'on copyright grounds.'

I'll take your word that it was a great piece, microdot, as your musical ken far exceeds mine.

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

I am so glad I have the ability to live without borders. This is wonderful. Thanks.

microdot said...

I wonder if this clip is "viewable" in the USA? I have the same trouble with certain videos I try to view. They won't work in Europe....
None the less, every thing I see by these musicians is better than the last...The Guitarist is incredible, but he is a great banjo player as well.