Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Break

Okay, for the next 2 weeks, I am going to be in the USA. I will be in NYC then try to achieve a near perfect zombie bike riding state of relaxation in the flat terrain of Northwestern Ohio. When I get back, I will install my new Photoshop software and then, I assure you, all hell will break loose! Maybe I will try to post from the USA.
But until then,  here are two videos of the great American guitarist, Larry Coryell. One is from 1973. It is of his groundbreaking fusion band, The 11th House performing the piece Yin. I always thought that Coryell was able to do what Miles Davis dreamed of doing at the time.

The second is 2 separate solo accoustic appearances on Australian television in 1983. The second piece he performs is a improvisation based on Ravels Bolero...

Suddenly there seems to be a lot of previously unissued Coryell material available on You Tube....I have always thought that he was one of the worlds visionary musicians of our era....
He is still alive, performing and better than ever and two sons carrying on the Coryell legacy.
A bientot!

No comments: