Sunday, December 10, 2006

Update on France 24

After a few days of trying and bad reception because of weather conditions,I finally am recieving France 24 in English and French via the Hotbird 7A Satellite at 13 degrees East here in France. The signal is great and the station has a great look graphics wise and the content is pretty formidable.
In America, I know you can recieve it now via the internet at France24.com. I checked it out and was able to get very good high resolution real time broadcast imaging.
They also might have more info available for satellite reception in America.
When I searched transponder 2 on Hotbird 7A, I suddenly got a nice range of stations I couldn't get before includiing CCTV English. That is China's satellite television. It is really nicely done very modern graphics and great programs of music and culture.
I also can get RAI from Italy and a range of Arab stations.
I'm still trying to get the new Al Jazeera English Station. I think I have to go to the ASTRA 1KR satellite at 19.2 East and if I do it right, I might be able to get all the BBC stations free as well....
Wish me luck!!

No comments: