Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Grape Picking Break


I haven't posted for a few days. Quite a few excuses...ummm, I've been busy, my computer's acting up....ahhhh...actually, I'm getting ready to leave for 10 to 14 days
for the Vendenge. The Grape Harvest at the Chateau Vieux Chevrol where I have performed this job for the last 6 years. I will bring back pictures, but duriing that time, I will be pretty much cut off again from all media, except for my radio.
I can pick up BBC World sometimes and I hear a lot of French FM Stations.

Until then, I found this little gem from the 60's. A song which might just be timely again. Back in the days when pop music could be truly eccentric.
SomeThing's In The Air by Thunderclap Newman.
The guitarist is 15, Jimmy McCullough, who later went on to play with Wings. The Pianist is a 50 something Thnderclap New man who plays a type of Barrel house style.
The record was produced by Pete Townsend and it was an orchestral rock piece inciting violent revolution and it was glorious!
If only we could all get up from our computers and go out into the streets.
See you in a little while!

2 comments:

Village Green said...

We'll miss you, but its good to know you will be outside doing something healthy.

I thought about you at the Chrissie Hynde concert here in Akron over the weekend. One of the old local bands performed a song they wrote that compared the Detroit music scene with the Akron scene back in the day.

mud_rake said...

Refresh your mind, body and soul, brother! The world will be little changed when you return.

Au revoir!