Friday, April 03, 2009

Back To Detroit #2


Brother Wayne Kramer, a man who knows more about surviving than me, tells us about his early Detroit reality...Wayne, was the lead guitarist of the legendary MC5 and in spite of all the personal and legal problems which he has faced in his life, over came them all and emerged triumphant and is still a mover, a primeval force...a great American original artist. I remember the legendary Purple Gang house on West Outer Drive....it was the ultimate "spook house"...I wonder... what is on the corner there now?... or if the boarded up shack of my childhood still stands?....it was there in the 70's, almost 50 years after the shoot out............

2 comments:

mud_rake said...

.I wonder... what is on the corner there now?... or if the boarded up shack of my childhood still stands?.

Maybe it has been preserved by the Wayne County Historical Society.

Probably not.

Anonymous said...

You're right. Wayne is truly a survivor and a great person and remarkable artist.