Thursday, December 06, 2012

80 Years Young!

Yesterday was also the 80th Birthday of one of the major stars in the constellation of my personal universe, Richard Penniman. I don't care what Richard calls himself, the originator, the architect of Rock and Roll, he is the transcendent one! This is Long Tall Sally from the 1956 movie, Don't Knock The Rock. I used to cover this with my 3 piece grunge/punk/theater band, Mr. Bubble In NYC....I was doing this live on stage at The Danceteria and I bit my tongue and bled all over my t shirt, but thanks to the divine intervention of the spirit of Little Richard, I didn't feel a damn thing. In fact, it was probably one of my most possessed performances, ever!
Little Richard, when ever I hear this man, my big toe just shoot right up in my boot!

No comments: