Saturday, May 04, 2013

Technical Shit....

I'm still experiencing off and on again internet service as the France Telecom guys wrassle with replacing the lines after a huge oak took them out earlier this week. They had them spliced and working for a while, but now, they are replacing a few rotting poles. It affects all 7 of us here in La Sechere and La Roche...hopefully it will be back on again tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here's the TV Commercial from 1971 for Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band's record, Lick My Decals Off, Baby. It was banned by all networks at the time, but it is a great little piece of cinema. I still have the original vinyl and still consider Lick My Decals Off, Baby as one of the seminal recordings of all time. I wonder if David Lynch saw this when he was young....

No comments: