Friday, June 28, 2013

Lance's Rancid Grapes

On the eve of the 100th Tour de France, Lance Armstrong issued a statement claiming that it was "impossible to win the race without using banned substances". I believed in Lance for years. I believed his denials and in his victory over his own personal cancer experience. He claimed to never have used banned substances and drugs in his 7 time Tour de France first place title victories. I wanted to believe him and I did for years. I even forgave him for hanging out with George Bush Jr.  He played me, he played the public and he personally contributed to the destruction of the sport of cycling.
With this statement, he has totally trashed himself so utterly that I really would like to never see him attempt to re enter the world of competitive cycling again, ever! But, Jacques Tati? Now there was cyclist!

No comments: