Saturday, November 29, 2014

1,2,3 Musette!

Things are pretty slow here in La Sechere today. My wife had her stitches out from her eye operation on Thursday. The doctor says it was a success, but it's going to take a while to heal and the full vision to return. She was pretty depressed about that, but I am trying to keep her positive. Then last night, she broke a tooth on a walnut shell. We have a rendezvous with our dentist in a week and half. For me it's a simple cleaning, but for her, it's the beginning of the next ordeal of dental work. Meanwhile, yesterday, I started to feel pretty funky....I seem to have picked up a intestinal bug...I was in denial today. I can't afford to be sick...but reality set in and I spent the day running into the house and dashing up the stairs. I guess I picked it up on Wednesday in Objat. I felt like shit, literally, most of the day. So, not much got done here. It was grey, drizzly and windy. So, though it wasn't really cold, I made a fire in the burner and turned into a zombie this afternoon...What do French Zombies do on a drizzly afternoon? We veg out and watch the 2 hour accordion weekly extravaganza on Limoges TV!
What has happened to me? A punk rocker from Avenue B and East 5th Street listening to the toew tapping melodies and allowing myself to be overwhelmed by the flashy musettes and the skill of the superstars of the Village Musette circuit of France. Believe me, these guys sell cds and have groupies.
I live near Tulle in the Correze, which is the Accordion capital of France, maybe all of Europe! For a fascinating afternoon, Visit the Maugein Accordion Factory in Tulle. I have. My village, Badefols d'Ans has a very busy saw mill which specializes in making the little wooden parts for the Maugein Accordion Factory. S.A.R.L Vezine & Fils, where I get all of my custom cut wood for the right price. Msr.Vezine is 86 and still works everyday with his sons who now represent the 5th generation!
It might take 6 months to fill the order and another year or so before you get the bill, but that's how we do things here!

2 comments:

Ol'Buzzard said...

Hope you feel better. I find the idea of eye surgery frightening - the best to your wife.
the Ol'Buzzard

microdot said...

I feel much better...I feel better than James Brown and cut 2 weeks of Acacia wood to prove it! I'm excited because I bought a brand new Grundig Yacht Boy 12 band radio! My ancient Grundig finally bit the dust ...I could not figure out how to get it to work this time...and I miss listening to the radio. It should show up in the post on Tuesday!