Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I Am The Night

I have been reading conservative blogs and the out of control comments and attempts to politicize and manipulate the feelings of Americans after the execution of 2 NYC Police officers in Brooklyn. Rudy Giuliani is particularly disgusting in his senile attempt to reignite the racial hate and fear in NYC that got him elected Mayor after he incited a police riot in his race against David Dinkins. I kept thinking about this Twilight Zone episode from 1964, I Am The Night. Color Me Black, and the ending remarks by Serling. Hate, the disease that is destroying America. If you don't have time to view the full episode, here it is:
A sickness known as hate; not a virus, not a microbe, not a germ--but a sickness nonetheless, highly contagious, deadly in its effects. Don't look for it in the Twilight Zone--look for it in a mirror. Look for it before the light goes out altogether.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend, I fear there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Mankind has chosen it's path and is bound and determined to follow it to the grave. Follow it all the way to extinction. I applaud your efforts to shine a small light into the darkness.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mohave,
I think you will like this poem I posted on my site.

https://mindsandtimes.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/mans-evolution-into-extinction/#comments

Microdot my friend. I want to pass on the blessing of the seasons. Good food, good wine, & good friends!