Saturday, January 16, 2010

Under Dog


I feel like this is the Brain Police telethon...it's really a bogathon!
Here's a cut from the British Indie band, Kasabian. They recently released a great cd called West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum and this is called Under Dog.
I saw them on Thursday night and was again struck by the British Pop tradition of writing real songs and allowing eccentricity to exist in the good old tradition of music hall. I keep looking for new young American musicians that have these qualities, but I fear American Pop has entered into a new stage of pre packaged professionalism that discourages the rough edges I so admire. These guys are good, but not in the sense of technical wizardry...
The rough parts make a shape with a soul. Anyone have any suggestions of newAmerican pop music that might disprove my fears?

No comments: