Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Days Of Destruction, Days Of Revolt

I occasionally write speculative fiction and lately this has merged with a with a dark playful fantasy trendence. I tend to mix my socio/political speculative projections with a little Stephen King.  I was writing a piece on Mittens, which involved a continuation of my theme of the demonic possession of Dick Cheney and the forces of evil unleashed through capitalism...I thought I was writing some pretty ridiculous stuff, then I saw this. Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt by Chris Hedges and the brilliant graphic story teller, Joe Sacco. Any fantasy I could have had pales next to their brutal depiction of Reality!
 Journalist Chris Hedges and graphic artist Joe Sacco traveled to the most depressed pockets of the United States to combine narrative nonfiction with graphic art in their book Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt (www.daysofdestructiondaysofrevolt.com). Together they report from the vast and growing zones of sacrifice imposed across the U.S. by the corporate state. From the streets of Camden, New Jersey, the devastated coal fields of West Virginia, the Lakota reservation of Pine Ridge, South Dakota and among undocumented agricultural workers in Florida, Hedges and Sacco offer a ground up view of existence when the marketplace rules, when corporate capitalism is unregulated and unfettered

No comments: