Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Salvage...

So. like where has my brain been? Instead of an intelligent post, I'm offering this full epic episode of Salvage from 1979. A pretty trashy low budget series, the last real thing that Andy Griffiths ever did. Andy, of course passed away today...but this was pretty cool trash. Andy played a salvage junk business entrepreneur and in this episode, he builds a space ship out of junk to go to the moon and salvage the remains of the Apollo Moon Mission. No one seems to remember this series...why do I?
I thought it was pretty cool. As the Prime Minister of Israel says after the launch, "What Chutzpah!"
It's not on tape or on DVD, but this episode is posted in it's entirety on YouTube, forgive me for mindlessly watching the entire idiotic thing, because it's like Gilligans Island...a mind numbing place where we can all go when ever we want to just go away...and I'm going there now! dammit...
It's been a wild week for me....See I have this barn and it's haying season here. I have very good insane friends who have this strange hobby rescuing horses and we keep the hay in my barn. We have been cutting hay, drying it and baling it and getting big rolls from another farmer and filling up my barn with it from daybreak to sunset since Friday. Meanwhile, I am building a very interesting structure in my garden which I will photograph when it is finished....The structure uses huge iron barrel hoops as arches...when it is finished it will be covered in these mermaid variety climbing roses my wife is obsessed with. Then, I was on the verge of buying a ticket to come to Ohio because my grandniece was as far as I can tell, kidnapped in Toledo with her friend....I will know the details soon, she was missing for 3 days and we had a lot of very strange leads...and I was ready to fly to Toledo and perform a personal "visitation" and a vigorous laying on of the hands ceremony on someones ass....there was a ransom demand!  A few hours ago, the Toledo police assisted in finding them. I want more details!
Meanwhile, this morning, I spent 2 hours at the Prefecture in Perigueux dealing with my ongoing French residency. No problem, I am well on my way to dual nationality, but it's the slow drip chinese water torture of bureaucracy  So maybe tomorrow, I will be able to think again....

No comments: