Sunday, October 11, 2009

Everybody Hates A Tourist



I am posting this for MikeB32000...to make up for the posting of the Star Trek, The Next Generation post with Stephen Hawking....
Here we go, the sound track is the cover of Common People, the Pulp song, by William Shatner, Ben Folds and Joe Jackson. one of those moments when pure Kitsche collides with absolute hipness and the result is sheer genius!
This is a cut from Shatners Masterpiece, the 2001 recording, Has Been.
Whewn it came out, I saw the band, Shatner, Joe Jackson, Ben Folds and a boys choir perform this live on Jay Leno and I became absolutely utterly incoherent for days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that. I'd never seen it. I smiled the whole way through, but that exchange at the end was just too much. I loved t.

mud_rake said...

Very interesting and indeed pure kitsche! Too bad the choir got such a menial part in it all.