Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Mess With Texas

“We are fighting for our children’s education and our nation’s future, in Texas we have certain statutory obligations to promote patriotism and to promote the free enterprise system. There seems to have been a move away from a patriotic ideology. There seems to be a denial that this was a nation founded under God. We had to go back and make some corrections.”
The education board has dropped references to the slave trade in favour of calling it the more innocuous “Atlantic triangular trade” . .
 
. . but they’re atomically pretentious. The mere attempt to re-brand slavery properly abominates the school board. It indicts the Texans as a suspect bunch harboring an unhealthy obsession with evil and, likely, a latent disappoint with the abolition of it.
Buying, selling, working to death, killing human beings — these are at least tolerable to the Texas Conservatives. Otherwise, there would be no need to protect or rehabilitate any of it, right? There’s no way to view centuries of human trade as scandalized unless it were possible to scandalize it somehow. It’s the liberals, we’re left to assume, that are to blame for putting a stink on it, not the events themselves. And this word that’s a remnant of the conspiracy, it’s not fair or patriotic any more to let it go.
They simply have to put it right. This considerable slice of American history deserves to be free from the recriminations of History intellectuals and the self-righteous — the politics forced upon school books as “slavery.” The British are “Redcoats,” Sacco and Vanzetti are still “Anarchists” and the Holocaust remains “The Holocaust.” But you better leave the Atlantic Triangular Trade alone.
American History/God and Guns/Don't Mess With Texas

4 comments:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello Microdot,
I just did a piece this morning on the Texas Board of Education giving the history and even some quotes from one of the members of the board. REALLY GOOFIE STUFF!!!

I was listening to a talk radio early in the morning headed to the Chesapeake Bay to go on a fishing trip with my son-in-law. I wish I could have recorded the program because if I did not know that the Texas Board of Education member was serious...I would have thought it was a comedy joke. Un-Freak’in Real!!

Maybe the rest of the more sane States in the Union will stick with the History Books they have for a few more years instead of purchasing the Bull Crap that Texas has just sanctioned.

microdot said...

Well, Engineer, that has been my point all alog regarding this revisionist rewriting of American history.
You let an elected group of small town retards control the agenda, but, then you ave to pay the printer!

As I said, if I was the printing company, I would want the cost of the printing upfront...NO CREDIT!
Because these books might be used in a few communities out of sheer fanaticism, but most are going end up in the recycle bins.

Feel free to use the graphic...

mud_rake said...

yes, it will be in the hands of the textbook companies and I hope that, if these 'revisions' become part of a textbook, school districts will choose other textbook companies for their curriculum.

Zé Madalena BH/MG said...

Good afternoon, my name is Joseph and I live in Brazil, please adeviso like to have a car with diseres (Don't mess with texas), I have a FORD GALAXIE 1967 and will paste the sticker on it!! Want to adiquirir it so say what bank account or deposit money if you do not have the sticker please enter a place (shop) where I can adiquirir.
It's a favor I ask, I count on your attention, thank you.
>>>If you want to see pictures of my car just type in GOOGLE images (GALAXIE 1967 BH MG) is his plate GLE 1967.