Sunday, May 23, 2010

Le Petitrenaud


I was disappointed to find that there is no way I can give you a way to view this program in North America. It isn't on cable and the satellite Astra 2 beams it to Asia and North America is not in the footprint.
Too bad, because this is my favorite TV Show. Jean-Luc Petitrenaud has been traveling around France for years visiting cities and regions celebrating traditional French cuisine by its masters. When I first discovered it, the program was Carte Postale Gourmet, but now it is L'escapades du Petitrenaud and it airs on France 5 at noon on Sundays.
You can sample the show at the France 5 website, click on voir le video, but it is in French. I wanted to share it because of Petitrenauds unresistable spirit and a joy of cuisine and the appreciation for the people who create it that translates into any language.
The show is not so much about recipes, though if you are interested, there are some on the website, it's about the spirit, the food, the people who create it....
Bon Apetite!

1 comment:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello Microdot,
Thanks for the lead. I have been doing more cooking and have been researching French cuisine recipes. I will be sure to check it out.