Saturday, November 01, 2008

HEY YA!


I was in the BricoMarche the other day buying plumbing stuff...I'm installing a new outside water line and this song came on in the background....
I think about this piece of music a lot and when it came out in 2003, OutKast became my favorite band for a few months. The mix of humor and politics, the line between rock and hip hop...Andre 3000 was pretty out there, but he stayed on the tightrope and never misssed a beat!
I wanted to post the video, because OutKast had some of the best videos...making fun of racism, white and black culture, the present and the past from a hip intelligent outsiders point of view. I couldn't because all the official videos are protected from embedding...a mistake, I think, but here's a live performance from the David Letterman Show from 2003, right before the song broke big time!
What's cooler than cool? ICE COLD!
The Riff, the beat, the words all make you wanna shake it like a polaroid picture!
HEY YA!

No comments: