Monday, November 03, 2008

How To Protect Your Vote



This is a video produced by the Obama Campaign which explains how votes are suppressed and how to be prepared to make sure your vote is counted tomorrow. The Republicans count on a low voter turnout to win and their sense of self righteousness empowers them to believe that winning is their right by any means neccessary. They can't steal the election from an informed electorate!

Despite all their accusations, even the McCain campaign admit they can't make the voter fraud claim stick:

For weeks, Republican leaders have warned that widely reported problems with fake voter registrations could result in a flood of phony votes in pivotal states.

But Ronald Michaelson, a veteran election administrator and member of the McCain-Palin Honest and Open Election Committee, said in an interview that he could not name a single instance in which this had occurred.

“Do we have a documented instance of voting fraud that resulted from a phony registration form? No, I can’t cite one, chapter and verse,” he said.

Which makes their accusations a form of fraud in its own right, doesn't it? One that's been falsely used to fuel "Republicans’ invocation of legal power to scrutinize voters, demands for U.S. Justice Department intervention and court orders, and criminal investigations."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I voted today.

There were 3 women sitting behind 3 fold out tables. The 1st asked my name. I replied, she leafed, but I was not to be found in her list. I voted at this location for the past 18 years.

I progress to the 2nd woman, she confirms, I submit ID,

WHOAHHHHHHHHHH, I am watching CNN LIVE, and Wolf IS TALKING TO A HOLOGRAM.

A HOLOGRAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have progressed and they picked a good night for such a high tech breakthrough.

WOW,,,SWEET.

(a few minutes later)

We all voted without a problem.

But,

I just had to ask the 1st woman, what list do you have that I am not included? She said this is a list of Republicans. I asked, where is the person with the list of democrats? She said "there isn't any."

Once, I do not embellish.

P