Tuesday, December 01, 2009

MY HUMAN GIVES ME THE BLUES....


It's almost that time of the year again...that's right...We are just days away from the 3rd annual Zappadan Festival! I sneaks up on ya...December 4th through the 22nd and this year promises to be a veritable heap of creamcheese, prunes, rutabagas and chrome plated mahogany elbows...
In anticipation, I am posting this little non Zappa tidbit, well actually it is a sort of Zappa tidbit, an amazing live performance from a 1968 Amnougles, Belgium Music festival by Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band. The songs are Too Much For My Mirror and My Human Gives Me The Blues from the indescribable masterpiece recording, Trout Mask Replica which was produced by Frank Zappa.
Frank was the MC for the show and introduced Beefheart....I am checking out the veracity of this rumor, but there are supposed to be a few pieces from the set by the post Syd Barrett 1968 version Pink Floyd that have Frank playing guitar. I have much research to do....and so little time...

4 comments:

Aaron B. Pryor said...

Zappadan...Rzzzzz!

microdot said...

My cilia are all aflutter.........

Aaron B. Pryor said...

How many bands owe inspiration to these guys? I'm thinking of Hella, Marnie Stern, Primus, Gong...

microdot said...

Brady Bonk, sir...
I loved Trout Mask Replica when it came out. It seemed so much like how I felt about art and music...but then Lick My Decals came out and I felt it was the perfect record.
There are pieces that are almost pop songs that fall apart as you try to grasp them...I still think I know the tune to Doctor Dark...then I realize I don't...
It bent my dadaist brain further out of whack and it still points in all the wrong directions....