Wednesday, February 09, 2011

KEELL THEM!


Am I the only one who sees the sheer idiocy of the repetitious Israeli response to reality? Change is inevitable, but the conservative Israeli security apparatus thinks that any change in the status quo, any attempt to be realistic or flexible in their quest for the domination of their pink half of the Mediterrenean  drainpipe, whether it be granting the right just to be human to Palestinians or the quest of the people in the countries surrounding their comfort zone to throw off years of oppressive dictatorship....that this has to be a threat to their existence and the only response is To Kill Them? Here is a link to the latest insane rant from the departing Chief of Staff of the IDF, Gabi Ashkenazi, who warns that Israel has to prepare for all out war because of the quest for freedom in Egypt and other Middle Eastern Countries....Why try to be a force for good in the region when you can simply push a button and screech into your little microphone, KEEEL THEM!
It is becoming like the classic punch line from a sketch from admittedly my favorite BBC Comedy Series, That Mitchell and Webb Look...okay, so this is the pope...every time I see this particular skit, I start laughing like a banshee....

2 comments:

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

Micro--Correction, It's Armstrong and Miller, not that Mitchell and Webb Look.

microdot said...

Yes sir...I saw the sketch originally on a That Mitchell and Webb look when I was flying on British Air to NYC.
That's how I discovered them and I have to admit, my secret love of going into total media input zombie mode when I'm flying....When I saw it, I started to giggle uncontrollably with a high pitched hysterical hyena like involuntary noise that made my fellow passengers look at me with alarm.
I am a little alarmed with my strange nostalgia for airports, I enter into a weird travel zone mode. I eat too much, I buy magazines I would never buy and watch movies nonstop for the entire flight...the flight always ends too soon for me...and then I'm trying to find the ground transportation in the snow and slush....but everything in between...It's like the old catholic concept of limbo....