Saturday, February 01, 2014

The Horror Show

David Simons, the creator of the HBO series, Treme and The Wire talks to Bill Moyers about the crisis of capitalism in America.  I have been lucky to be able to watch Treme on the French 0 channel on Fridays! Last night was a riveting episode that featured The Neville Brothers. Treme is an incredible reality fiction series that goes deep into the layers, social, political, criminal and the compassion of people caring for each other. Plus it's full of great New Orleans music.
It’s a reality check from a journalist who uses TV drama to report on America from the bottom up. "The horror show is we are going to be slaves to profit. Some of us are going to be higher on the pyramid and we'll count ourselves lucky and many more will be marginalized and destroyed."
I was so happy to see this as the experience of last night's episodes were fresh in my head.

2 comments:

bj said...

Now, SEE! This is the shit I should be watching instead of True Detective. I Gotta check my On Demand for more episodes ...

microdot said...

Man, I wish I could see this in english....I have to watch it in dubbed French...it works for me, but I hate watching dubbed versions of great dialogue. I hate watching French movies dubbed into English...you lose so much. I learned this when I first moved here and watched The Simspns dubbed into French...entire jokes had to be rewritten because the humor was so American....None the less, on Saturday nights, you can watch 2 and a half hours of Simsons repeats on a French channel. Can you even imagine Woody Allen dubbed into another language?