I have been totally out of touch for the last 2 weeks only being able to listen to French radio at night and sometimes the BBC came in clearly. The one time I was able to look at a computer, I saw to my chagrin,that History Mike had "severely blog tagged" me!
This involves the process of revealing 8 facts about yourself and I had to consult my lawyer over the statutes of limitations, so I left out some the more salient incidents and details.
The rules are:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players strt with 8 random facts about themselves
3. Those who are tagged must post the rules and the 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and let them know they have been tagged.
Here are my sordid details:
1. In the early 80's I played lead guitar and sang in a band called Mr. Bubble. We were actually kind of popular in the East Village in NYC...sort of Grunge/Punk/Noise with a health dose of funk. There was a lot of humor, I let anyone on stage who would agree to wear a mylar hula skirt to be back up singers and dancers...one night we had 14 hula skirt attired singers and dancers on stage at the Pyramid Club on Ave. A and the stage broke. Another fun filled evening ended with a call to the fire department when one of the inspired dancers set fire to the stage curtains at the 8/BC Club.
2. I finished High School at Scott High Night School and my Lab Partner was the Jazz Guitarist Bernie Nix who went on to play with Ornette Coleman's Prime Time Band.
3. Every day I give thanks that I cannot buy white chocolate coated miniature pretzels here in France....I want one now!
4. I spent a week in the Lucas County Jail.
5 I posed nude for a life drawing class with the understanding that others in the class were willing to bare it all for art. Unfortunately, I was the only one who did it. I found some of my class mates drawings quite "imaginative".
6. This is pre 9/11...I was getting on a plane in Toulouse, France and when I went through the metal detector, it went off. I suddenly realized I was carrying my pocketknife. I pulled it out of my pocket and excaimed "but it's just my Laguiolle!"
(Laguiolles are the popular knife that every French hick carries and are made in Toulouse.) To my surprise everyone started to laugh and they let me carry it on.
It was not an international flight......
7.I love mowing the lawn. It is one of those zen activities. You become one with the lawn mower and it is as if you are still 16 doing things just the way you always have. I also have many great ideas while lawn mowing.
8. After approximately 40 or so years of thinking of myself as an artist and actually making my living in the arts for many years, I still don't think I can draw for shit!
et voila! Are you happy now Mr. History Mike? I will now take great pleasure in bestowing this onorous task on 8 other unfortunates!
Commadante Agi at This Blog Will Self-Destruct In 5 Seconds
WhyNot at PourquoiPas
Jinbon H. Wong at Trouble Every Day
Long Live the Village Green
A Spork in the Drawer
and of course, Steve, at what would bobble headed jesus do
Okay, these folks will probably ban me forever from posting on their pages again, but that's later, now, YOU'RE IT!