Friday, March 13, 2009

TOAST

In an interview in this week's GQ Magazine, RNC Head, Miuke Steele made these two or three or four statements:

On if women have the right to choose an abortion: "Yeah. I mean, again, I think that's an individual choice."

On whether homosexuality is a choice: "Oh, no. I don't think I've ever really subscribed to that view, that you can turn it on and off like a water tap. Um, you know, I think that there's a whole lot that goes into the makeup of an individual that, uh, you just can't simply say, oh, like, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being gay.' It's like saying, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being black.'"

and....
And while he said he was personally opposed to gay marriage, he came out forcefully against a Constitutional amendment banning it — as the Republican Party platform recommends for both gay marriage and abortion.

"Just as a general principle, I don't like mucking around with the Constitution. I'm sorry, I just don't," he told the magazine.


2 comments:

mud_rake said...

You understand that he is being excoriated for telling the truth. Republicans - card carrying members- are not permitted to publicly say these things. They may think those thoughts, but never say them.

Reminds me of a cult.

microdot said...

And Republicans don't believe in quotas, but any bets as to who the new Chairmaqn of the RNC will be?