Saturday, February 16, 2013

Again And Again

The soundtrack is a 1965 recording of a band from the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Michigan area called The Iguanas. The vocalist/composer and drummer on the cut is kid named Jimmy Osterberg who took the Iguana name as his own and became Iggy Pop, or Stooge....

I walked in step Past the old times i would fly In a long field of bleeding death And there was no sound at all And I moved fast to look around And I saw Stand beside me one another And the grounds steady Again & Again And I move fast oniy Back in the womb My eyes were wide open My feet were on the ground I knew what could never quiet me..... Felt so...Again and again...

I was compelled to post this because my friend, Clement from Montagne, France who has a great music blog called Musicoldnews published a post on Punk Music and focused a bit on Detroit, but the Detroit/NYC punk rock connection is so much a part of my life, even today. Check out Clement's post and leave a comment if you want! He writes in both English and French. I know that the people from the shittiest places will always make the best music. Jazz, Rock, Classical, Blues and Folk, it's how we survive!

No comments: