Monday, February 11, 2013

Bennie's Red Shoes

Actually, this is the conceptual pop re realization by Damon Albarns project, Gorillaz, of the Elvis Costello Classic, The Angels Want To Wear My Red Shoes from his 1977 recording, My Aim Is True, which is still one of the greatest records of all time!
But I dunno, I think the Gorillaz version is much more appropriate because the story of Pope Benedict XVI's surprise announcement that he is going to "resign" because of "fatigue"...this is the first time a pope has resigned since Gregory XII resigned in 1415...fatigue? Really, I am beginning to think the butler knows a lot more than he has let on...When all is said and done, I do not believe that it will be the angels who will want to wear Bennie's little red shoes. For a little background of Catholic Papal history and the legacy of all the popes named Bennie, check out Pete Karmans blog, The Karman Turn.....

No comments: