Monday, August 18, 2014

La Genie de LaFoule

We had a visit today from some old friends who live in the town of Thenon, near where we used to live, the village of Ajat. Christine and her mother, Carmen. We invited them to come and get some ripe mirabelle plums and have a piece of mirabelle tart and tea.  But when they left, they were laden down with a crate with 25 tomatoes, the mirabelles, some zuchinni and a nice little package of fresh girolle mushrooms I found in the forest this morning around 8 am. During the visit, Christine asked me if I knew the American poet and writer, Charles Bukowski. Of course! But then she began to recite this poem, in French...she had memorized it! So, I am sharing it with you.
The Girolles! I have so many of them this year, I am giving them away to my very special friends!

No comments: