Monday, February 15, 2010

Metal Tiger Dragon

In my last post, I mentioned that I fell in the creek yesterday. It was pretty hilarious actually. I was with the dog in the forest and we decided to cross the rain swollen creek over a log, which I had done quite a few times before. The dog knows the routine. It took a while when he was little to convince him to walk over the creek on a log, but now he does it with out hesitation. I, of course, hesistate. Yesterday, the log gave way and I ended up in the water. At least my head was above water. The funny thing was that the dog jumped in...I'm not sure if he thought it was a game, or if he was concerned.

He seems to be waterproof, I'm not. It was about 26 degrees and 3/4 kilometer back up through the forest, so I was frozen when I get back.

Yesterday was Chinese New Years and Valentines Day! We had our Chinese New Year kit for our nephew in Bangkok. So we followed the instructions carefully. We had long noodles for dinner with the New years decorations and lit the lucky candles. After dinner, we burnt 50 billion dollars worth of lucky New Years Money in the fireplace.
All of this is important for long life and wealth!

2010, Year of the Metal Tiger...very dangerous, but my sign is the Tiger and with the dragon, astrologers say I am ready for anything...My New years day Hike proved it. 
The cake was not a part of a traditional Chinese New Year dinner, that was the Valentines Day part....

3 comments:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello Microdot,
Be careful my friend…We are not as young as we use to be. As I read your story I was thinking of hyperthermia and I would sure hate to loose you. We have been doing this for a few years now and you are a major part of my daily sanity injection.

But I am glad to read the rest of your story and glad you had a good time. It sounded great.

microdot said...

It's true that I am not as young as I think I am...But, I am grateful that I can live with my delusions...
I still look at people younger than I am and think, how did they get to be so old so fast?
I have heard that when we are very young, we percieve time moving very slowly, when we are older in full bloom so to speak, time rushes by in a blur...but after 60, the perception of time slows down to the child state.

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Microdot,
As I will be 57 this April, I am looking forward to the perception of time slowing down to the child state.

I made a comment to my wife a little while back how young the professional football players look. So young like they are just in their teens.

When I was 17 I was a young stud with a 1970 Camaro. I talk with those I know now who are in their 40's and I don't think that I am much older than they are but then I remember...I had that Camaro when they were just born. What's Up With That?!?!

I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now. :-)

What really confounds me though is so many of the lost values and ideals that our generation believed in, fought and died for. We wanted to help the less fortunate, right the wrongs, to question and just not accept what the established authorities told us because more times than not, they were lying. I guess the facts are that it is not our world anymore.

We have Senators and Congressmen resigning their positions because the system is so broke, so partisan, so corrupt, that our legislators are so dysfunctional that our country, its citizens, and our influence within the world, that all are suffering.

So in closing, I too think that I am not as young as I think I am. But, I am grateful that I can live with my delusions.