Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Ready For My Close Up, Mr. DeMille


You didn't actually think I wouldn't post this item, now, did you?
This happened yesterday outside of Cincinnatti, Ohio. The giant 60 ft. tall "Touchdown Jesus" statue was hit by lightning and burnt spectacularly.
It's the quotes by the congregation members that crack me up....
What does this mean? It scares me...what is god tryin to tell us?
As a serious job applicant for the position of Anti-Christ, I am a Union Member, I am now working on a design for replacement statue for them.
I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille....

6 comments:

mud_rake said...

It was a most curious event, especially for the fundamentalists who constructed the fiberglass monstrosity.

'An act of God' is on the insurance company's report. And if so, then God wanted it destroyed.

Conundrum^2

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello Microdot and Muddy,
Yes, I think that it falls into that "Graven Image" issue.....I'd try that "Golden Calf" statue again.

steve said...

This seems like as good a place as any to deposit some "Clutch"!

I just love this video.. It's like a gaggle of Glenn Beck listeners on Methyl amphetamines.

(warning - crazy rock music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eepsCXpLY4

Anonymous said...

Hi Microdot,

Freeze the video at the 2:07 mark. You will see the right profile head shot of the one responsible in the flames.

They are planning on rebuilding the TD Jesus, but to quell their superstitious nature, they would be better served replacing it with an Unnecessary Roughing Lincoln.

P

Anonymous said...

Good-bye Quicksand Jesus!
-Sepp

microdot said...

Okay...now the image is getting clearer...it is a giant demonic lincoln beckoning to us from the flames...
what is he trying to tell us?

I am trying to lip read...he is saying, "Ham! Bring Me HAM! BRING ME HAM OR I WILL DESTROY THE EARTH!"

I think that is what he trying to say...any ideas?