Friday, August 15, 2008

More George


On Tuesday night, I saw the entire Consert For Bengladesh Movie on the ARTE Network here in France. I hadn't seen it since it was released in 1970 and I forgot what a great performance it was. One thing I always remembered though, was George Harrisons passionate performance of the song, Bengladesh. He wrote great complex pop music.
Another highlight of the movie tthat I had completely forgotten was Bob Dylans solo set. You saw the power of his personality and the passion that marked his work. It was remarkable as well for the fact that he performed songs in a solo accousttic setting that he had not performed for a few years and would never perform again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post with excellent video of george also visit my new post in http://www.ulcgainesville.org/ ,
http://www.conistoncountryfair.com/ ,
http://www.alanblair.info/.please add my blog in to your fiends link list.

Anonymous said...

Microdot,

I was there at the afternoon show.

The Loop Garoo Kid

microdot said...

Really? How did you swing that?
I recently have rekindled an appreciation of George Harrison as a musician. It's almost as I hear all of his work in a new context and realize what a crafty composer he was.
If you'd like, send me an email

18speed@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

microdot,

The Bhola cyclone occurred in 1970. The concert was August 1, 1971. I had graduated from Deerfield Academy in the beginning of June. Bruce was my best friend from DA. His father worked in advertising in NYC and he got the tix for us.

TLGK