Friday, December 26, 2008

A Quiet Christmas


Well, my attempt at fixing the phone lines here only lasted so long...then it rained and it was the death knell...zilchorama...nada....so, I was without internet or phone for the last few days....
Not bad, but there were people who were trying to get in touch with us. We had invited a neighbor over for Christmas dinner and in between other chores, I made my traditional Buche de Noel. My wife did the dinner, a pintade with girolles....
The Buche truned out great, this year it was a white genoise with raspberry jam and dark chocolate ganache. The little green leaves are marzipan and the shiny things are non edible decorations...the little guy is the dwarf that I have had for many years and always sits on top the Buche!
So, I have some catching up to do, but in the meantime....
Joyeux Fetes!

5 comments:

darkblack said...

Ah, the indomitable spirit of le chef.

;>)

Joyeux Noel et bonne année '09 à tous, microdot.

mud_rake said...

I'm glad that you are back on line, microdot. I wondered what was wrong, then recalled your Rube Goldberg-ish wiring scheme and figured that the scheme had failed.

Joyeus Noel and Frohliche Weihnachten! to you and yours.

Naturally your Christmas dinner surpassed ours in elegance, as usual: lasagna, salad and cookies.

microdot said...

Lasagna? Aye Carumba, you might as well have sent out for Mexican! At least you'd have some warm memories the next morning...Okay, the next post is for you, I wasn't going to do it...but if this doesn't get into the holiday spirit....
May I suggest a nice overdsose on tranqulizers and cheap champagne...

microdot said...

I got a great turkey recipe I want to try with marrons confits.
But we did a big pintade with tarrogon and lots of girolles that I had found in our forest ands froze. It was the best I have ever had..my wife improvised.
We had roasted potatoes and a really great salad of mache, baby beet greens, purple lettuce and pine nuts in a creamy dressing.
Then there was the cheese...my favorite..I can almost imagine a world without chocolate, but not a world with out cheese.
An aged old Gouda de Noel, a perfectly stinky Epoisse and cinder coated goat cheese from the Limousin......

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.