Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Feelin Gettin Stronger!


A picture snapped just a few hours ago on the way back from gettting the dog vaccinated in the neighboring village of Cherveix-Cubas on the 704...I pass this house all the time and the fellow who lives there has a constantly changing assemblage of stuff artfully arranged in some kind of ritualistic fashion....
But Christmas always brings out the best in him. I stopped and started to snap pics and he came out, introduced himself and I asked if he would pose. He went in the house and got on his 1969 white leather fringed vest...
There is a really funky side to the rural Dordogne where I live. Lots of real unique individuals. The house was spotless inside and he invited me in to find a tiny piece of paper to write his address on.
Really nice little guy who rebuilds bicycles.  I promised I would send him some prints....

2 comments:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

Hello Microdot,
What a great photo that gives the rest of us the flavor of the area in which you live. Thanks for the local update.

Please pass on to your friend that one of your American friends really likes his home.

Anonymous said...

Microdot,

I don't know what to say about that photo, except I am in total awe. From the meticulously decorated stick (which is second to none) to the vagrant Clause with an obvious rap sheet measured in reams. However, I am truly humbled by the nativity scene which appears to be Chuckie in a donkey planter. No hymn sung by a Vatican choir, national 100 foot Christmas tree, or elaborate Macy's display could possibly capture the spirit of righteousness as that.

Thank you.

P