Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bluesette


I love chromatic harmonica. I have played harmonica for years and have had cheap Chinese chromatics, but recently, I had a chance to buy an incredible Larry Adler Signature Model Hohner, which is a serious instrument.
I saw this piece today and it knocked me out. This is the Polar Awards in Stockholm in 2007 with a performance by the Belgian Chromatic Harmonica Master, Toots Theilman and his 1962 composition, Bluesette.
Halfway through, Theilman is joined by an American Chromatic Harmonica master, Stevie Wonder. The duet is telegraphed about 1:22 into the piece when Theilman quotes Isn't She Lovely. I think that tomorrow, I'm gonna drive the cows crazy!

2 comments:

SR said...

You are a jack of all trades and a master of them too! I didn't know harmonica playing was one of them until this post. Hats off (with a flourish) to you dear friend.
And pls, never mind log walking across waters, you are good at other things....

microdot said...

Babe, just because I try to play chromatic harmonica, it doesn't mean that I can play it...
I have played reglar "blues harps" for years, but now perhaps, I will be inspired to go a ittle further in my demented tootling.