Monday, March 11, 2013

Girl Friend

Well, I have had over 2,200 hits on this blog in about 4 days. I have no idea what I am doing right or wrong....so here's a little bit of Mr. Wrong....My old Friend Elmer Lang who I worked with years ago in the early 1990's in NYC and his little dittie, Elmer's Got A Girlfiend...Elmer composed the music and I sort of arranged it. This was probably one of the most ambitious recording projects I ever took on. A great guy named Ray Sage is the drummer, but I layered all the guitars and bass parts...I really was trying to channel Ernie Isely who I was obsessed with at the time...this started as an acoustic piece with Mr. Lang. I was the plant in the audience and would start to insult him when he tried to play guitar...Then he'd insult me, I\d come on stage  and we do an acoustic set with me as the instrumental back up. It was a joke that turned into a pretty cool band in the early 90's in the East Village.

No comments: