Friday, April 09, 2010

Now, That's Entertainment!

So the self proclaimed Rodeo Clown, who managed to make 32 million dollars last year, managed to make the cover of the latest issue of Forbes Magazine.  The clown also explains that he sees himself much more as an entertainer than a political activist, saying that he doesn’t “give a flying crap about the political process”:
With a deadpan, The Clown insists that he is not political: “I could give a flying crap about the political process.” Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. “We’re an entertainment company,” The Clown says.
“I don’t necessarily believe that [what the Rodeo Clown says] is reflective of his own personal politics — I don’t even know if he has personal politics,” Michael Harrison, the publisher of Talkers magazine tells Forbes. “I see him as a performer.This isn’t the first time The Clown has suggested he isn’t as radically conservative as he seems. In February he told USA Weekend that you’d have to be an idiot” to “not notice the temperature change” caused by global warming, and that he thinks mankind may play a signficant role in the phenomenon. In describing himself as a Rodeo Clown he conceded “If you take what I say as gospel, you’re an idiot.
So, have we finally descended into the alternative FOX comic strip universe? Where politics are portrayed for a dumbed down populace as a sort of Saturday Morning Cartoon Calvacade and an angry Glenn Fudd is eternally pursuing the wily Obama Bunny? If FOX actually inspires mob violence, is this a ratings plus? Do violent acts committed by deranged viewers somehow equal a boost in advertising revenues? I don't know...we have entered uncharted waters here...and in the words of Porky Limbaugh....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a country. I'm startin' to think maybe Italy isn't far enough away.

mud_rake said...

The problem with Beck and Limbaugh is that the other media continually mention these actors, thus giving them credibility.

What's that old like about ignoring them and they will go away?

I seldom write anything on my blog about what these two hustlers say because it would be of the same value as what my 6-year-old grandson says.

[sorry to insult my grandson]

microdot said...

I tried very hard not to mention the name of the rodeo clown, I believe everytime his name is mentioned he earns a buck, but he did make the cover of Frobes, he did earn 32 million dollars exploiting paranioa as "entertainment".
Top ignore this phenomena,with out erxamining it and commenting on it is like seeing an accident and not getting involved.
As I said, we are entering uncharted watersd here...let us assume the role of navigator...we lead and we woll not be led.