Friday, April 30, 2010

Now, That's Entertainment!


I have been a fan of South Park since it's birth in the 90's. Anyone who can manage to offend everyone in such an extremely entertaining way gets my vote! Now, That's Entertainment!  So I have been following the latest controversy over their recent episode that supposedly insulted Mohammed. Boy, censorship issues sure get confusing when American fans of the English-language version of South Park have to look to a Chinese broadcast of the episode to figure out what Cartman was saying in the closing speech of episode 201.  Comedy Central/Viacom bleeped out, against Matt and Trey's wishes, over threats from a small wacko wingnut group identified as "Muslim extremists" (but founded by a Jewish dude). Complicated! I can't wait till it is broadcast here translated into French....Leading me to my next posting... Live from Paris, Arizona!

2 comments:

steve said...

I've been following this story too. I'm disapointed in the censorship, but I firmly believe in physics and as you know, every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction - so the more Muslim groups try to censor people in not depicting Mohammed - the more Mohammed is going to be depicted.

microdot said...

And May 20th is International Draw Mohammed Day! Really...expect the Islamic world to implode in its reation to a massive blogswarm of cartoonists, satirists, photoshop loonies....